Refunds can only be effected by the same method that payment was made, e.g. payment via credit card can only be refunded via credit card, and likewise with EFT.
If a booking funds have been paid to a host, we can only consider refunds for the remaining portion that has not been paid or our commission portion, see: Cancellation Terms
If the listing booked is misrepresented or lacks in promised amenities or items, or is not generally clean or as described. You must please notify us within 24 hours of check-in. The following are scenarios addressed by the Guest Refund Policy.
- The listing is missing an amenity promised on the site in either the listing’s description, amenities, or photos.
- The room type of the listing is not what was booked.
- The number of bedrooms or bathrooms in the listing does not match what was booked.
- The listing itself or the location of the listing is not what was booked.
- The listing does not have clean bedding or towels available for all the guests included on the reservation.
- The listing is unsanitary, unsafe, or hazardous to the health of your guests.
- There is an animal in the listing which was not disclosed prior to booking.
- The Guest Refund Policy is available to all Afristay guests who have booked on the site, no matter the destination they’re traveling to or their country of residence.
The Guest Refund Policy is not insurance and does not replace your traveler’s insurance. Make sure you review and understand the terms of your insurance policy and what it covers and does not cover.
If bookings occur outside the Afristay system no refunds can be considered.